Monday, June 21, 2010

Running A Little Behind . . .

So, I know that I've promised you all a study of local vegetable gardens, and I will get to that soon.  What with all the rain we've been having lately, coupled with the very high temperatures, our workload has been a bit stressful to say the least.  Until I can get my veggies in a row (sorry, I can't help myself sometimes), I thought I'd at least give you a few photos to browse through because let's be honest, nothing says summer in the south like a yard full of gorgeous hydrangeas (apart from the humidity and mosquitos, of course)!

These photos were all taken in my backyard . . . where apparently the motto is: "You can never have too many hydrangeas!"




















































What you should take away from this post is this:  if you're looking for dramatic color in your yard, you cannot go wrong with hydrangeas.  There are so many varieties, and the varieties go so much further than simple blossom color.  There are textures and bloom types that will blow you away! They're easy to care for, so very southern, and they can literally make people say, "Wow!" 

And, folks,  that is something that I think all landscapes should strive to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment